The Design and Technology Study Experience at Disneyland Paris is a valuable, proven seminar and workshop-based education programme. The key to the education programme is that it provides the opportunity for your students to experience and learn about their subject in a highly stimulating, real life environment from leading practitioners in their fields.
What the price includes
- Return coach travel and Channel crossings
- Two nights' accommodation at Disney's Hotel Cheyenne, situated at Disneyland Paris
- Continental breakfasts
- One day Hopper Ticket for both Disneyland® Park and Walt Disney Studios® Park
- Two curriculum-led seminars featuring subject-specific case studies, interviews with Disneyland Paris managers and exclusive behind-the-scenes video footage
- Interactive workshop
- Subject-specific assignments
- Study Experiences Education Pack
- Student Challenge
- Student 'Certificate of Attendance'
- Services of the Study Experiences resort services and education teams throughout your stay
- One free teacher place for every ten students
The Four Day Study Experience includes all of the above with an extra's night's hotel accommodation and either a day in Paris or a second day in the Disney® Parks.
Students will gain an insight into the design and technology practices of one of the world's most famous global organisations, as it looks to maintain its market leading position.
During the two seminars and workshop, with the help of Disney managers and staff, students will learn about the working practices at Disneyland Paris, as related to:
Applications of Design and Technology
- Product design
- Resistant materials
- Systems and control technology
- Food technology and packaging
- Textiles technology
- Graphic design
- Creativity and innovation
- Designing products to meet the needs of clients
- Design proposals
- Design principles and processes
- Product evolution
- Analysing and evaluation
- Health and safety
- Risk assessment
- Graphic techniques and ICT
- Material selection
- Surface finishes
- General mechanical movement
- Testing modification and evaluation
Travel arrangements are based on return coach travel from your school or college to Disneyland Paris. For schools and colleges in the South East of England, we can arrange return Eurostar train travel from London or Kent to Disneyland Paris.
We can also arrange return flights to Paris, with connecting coach transfers to Disneyland Paris, from a wide range of airports, such as Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds Bradford, Liverpool, London Luton, London Gatwick, Manchester, Newcastle and Southampton. The flight and Eurostar travel options are available at a supplement.
Your group will stay at Disney's Hotel Cheyenne, one of Disney's uniquely themed hotels. The hotel is located onsite at Disneyland Paris, therefore as well as enjoying safe and secure Resort accommodation, you are also within easy walking distance of Disneyland Park, Walt Disney Studios Park, Disney® Village and all the Resort facilities.
Educational Support Materials
To ensure your students gain the maximum benefit from the Study Experience, we provide comprehensive educational support during your preparation, throughout your time away and then on your return back to school or college.
Groups are provided with the Design and Technology Education Pack. The Education Pack contains key information for teachers and students, including learning objectives and outcomes, subject-specific assignments and the Student Challenge.